VMG Converter is the perfect tool for converting VMG files to other formats. It is easy to use and can be installed on any computer. VMG Converter supports a wide range of formats, making it the perfect choice for converting VMG files.
Do you know the technical specifics of VMG Converter for PC? Why not get to know those aspects before we discuss the downloading and installation processes?
VMG Converter Andorid App Summary
The VMG Converter application developer is Animated Oak Entertainment Ltd. They listed the VMG Converter under the Tools category on Play Store. The latest user count of the VMG Converter is more than 155440. With a 4.2, the latest 1.20-NoMMS of the VMG Converter is holding a good position for users.
The latest update date of the VMG Converter is Mar 9, 2019, meaning that it has the latest features. You cannot use it on your PC without using an Android emulator. The most popular and best emulators are BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Player Emulator.
If you need a complete guide on how to use the VMG Converter on your PC using the right emulator, we’ve discussed the methods in this article.
|App Name:||VMG Converter On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||Animated Oak Entertainment Ltd|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Mar 9, 2019|
|Get it On:|
VMG Converter Download & Install for PC: Windows 10/8/7
Planning to run VMG Converter on the computer is not impossible. In fact, with the help of BlueStacks android emulator, you can finally run the VMG Converter and other apps on your computer just fine. Here are the possess and steps you need to know:
- It all starts by downloading the BlueStacks Android emulator. It’s very easy to use, and has apps ready to go.
- Download the BlueStacks emulator and install it on your computer. Decline the other app installation offers as you install it.
- Finish up the installation and you’ll see Play store on the starter page that comes installed in BlueStacks.
- Click open the Play store app, log into your google account, and search for VMG Converter on the search bar.
- You’ll get it on the first result. Click on the search result and start the installation by clicking install.
- Once installed, you can launch it from both your desktop and BlueStacks starter page where the app will add a shortcut.
Features of VMG Converter for PC
Select the messages you want to import and click the IMPORT button.
7. A notification will appear when the import is complete.
8. IMPORTANT! Change the default messaging app back to your preferred app when asked.
– Import SMS and MMS messages from Windows Phone, Symbian and Samsung using .VMG / .VMSG / .MSG / .MMS / .PDU files
– View and import messages exported from Windows Phone, Symbian and Samsung using .VMG / .VMSG / .MSG / .MMS / .PDU files
– Import messages from .VMG / .VMSG / .MSG / .MMS / .PDU files into Android SMS storage
– FREE VERSION – IMPORTS MAX. 200 MESSAGES AT ONCE. Get the Unlocker to remove this limitation and ads.
– Message import does not work in the Google Play version. Google has decided not to allow READ_SMS permission to many applications.
VMG Converter App Overview and Details
With VMG Converter you can easily view and import plain text SMS and MMS messages exported from Windows Phone, Symbian or Samsung using .VMG / .VMSG / .MSG / .MMS / .PDU files – straight into Android SMS storage.
FREE VERSION – IMPORTS MAX. 200 MESSAGES AT ONCE. Get the Unlocker to remove this limitation and ads. Get the VMG Converter Unlocker here:
NOTE! The MMS import feature does not work in the Google Play version. Google has decided not to allow READ_SMS permission to many applications. VMG Converter was not eligible for an exception, so distribution of the MMS-enabled version must happen outside Google Play store. Please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need the MMS import feature.
– Both Windows Phone “Contacts+Message Backup” and “Transfer my data” backup files are supported.
– If VMG Converter cannot parse your messages, the message file format is not (yet) supported. Do not panic, just send email to email@example.com. We greatly appreciate your feedback and WILL do our best to help you out.
– You must accept to change the default messaging app to VMG Converter temporarily. Afterwards, you MUST accept to change it back when asked, otherwise you won’t be able to receive and send messages on your phone.
– Messages ARRIVING DURING IMPORT will not make it to inbox. Turn on the AIRPLANE MODE before importing to make sure no SMS arrive during the import process.
How to use:
1. Export SMS messages to with Nokia PC Suite/Contacts+Message Backup/Transfer My Data.
2. Copy message files to your Android phone. Putting all files in a single folder makes importing easier.
3. Disconnect USB cable if connected.
4. Start VMG Converter.
5. Message listing appears shortly. If not, enter the correct location of VMG Files. Use Auto search to find the correct path if not sure.
6. Select the messages you want to import and press “Import”.
7. Read instructions and notes that will pop up.
8. Messages now appear in the Android standard messaging section.
TROUBLESHOOTING (also read “Known issues” below)
1. Crashes while reading in message files
Out of memory errors occur with large amount of files/messages. Report these crashes to us, but as a quick remedy you should try to divide your files into smaller subsets.
2. Wrong time zone
If the time is off by hours in the message list, the VMG files may have their time in some other time zone than UTC. Change the time zone in settings to match the time zone in your VMG files and reload the message list.
3. Message thread time and date is the import time and date
Users of Android versions before 6.0/M may encounter this. If the time is set to import date and time in your message inbox after import, turn on “Refresh threads” setting to update conversation thread date, remove previous imported messages and then do the import again.
4. All messages have the same (wrong) date and time
You may be affected by a PC Suite bug that causes message original date to be the export date. VMG Converter can in some cases circumvent this by reading message date from the file name. Turn on the option from settings and refresh the message list.
5. Messages not appearing after import when using Hangouts
VMG Converter DOES NOT WORK with Hangouts. Switch to default Messaging app.
– Possible loss of incoming messages while importing: turn on the airplane mode while importing.
– Android below 6.0 does not show MMS vCard content in Messenger. VMG Converter can import those, but they only show up in Android 6.0+.
– MMS group messages currently show only the first recipient. We’re working on this.
– Not all MMS content (vCard, video) can be previewed in VMG Converter. Try importing to see content inside the standard messenger app.
Whats New In this VMG Converter?
This version carries no MMS support – we are very sorry but MMS support had to be removed due to recently introduced Play store restrictions. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need MMS support.
Overall, VMG Converter is a handy application that can prove to be of great use for those who need to convert files from one format to another. It is easy to use and comes with a user-friendly interface. The application is also lightweight and does not take up a lot of system resources.
Downloading and installing the VMG Converter for PC should be an easy task as you know the steps by now. If you found the tutorial helpful, or need more assistance, comment now.
We refer the ownership of This VMG Converter to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for VMG Converter and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at appy-central, we also don’t use our own server to download the VMG Converter. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the VMG Converter.
If you have any query about the app or about appy-central, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.