The VISTA-Wheat project is a collaboration between the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) to improve wheat production in Africa. The project is funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The goal of the project is to develop improved wheat varieties that are resistant to diseases and pests, and that can be grown in Africa’s harsh climate. The project is also working to improve the ability of African farmers to adopt new wheat varieties.
The latest VISTa-Wheat for PC has come up with a few updates that are better than the previous version. Want to know those? Here are they:
VISTa-Wheat Andorid App Summary
Ulavappa Angadi has developed the VISTa-Wheat for Android. You can find it under the Tools category on Play Store. Since its inception, VISTa-Wheat has got over 154+ users on board. For the user rating, it is currently holding a 0.0 rating and the latest version of it is 3.0
The latest update of VISTa-Wheat is Oct 29, 2018 for phones. You can’t use it on your PC directly. So, you have to use an Android emulator like BlueStacks Emulator, Memu Emulator, Nox Player Emulator, etc.
No worries, we will discuss the methods to run it on your computer using the emulators whether you use a PC or Mac. Follow the methods we’ve discussed below.
VISTa-Wheat App Overview and Details
Varietal identification is of utmost importance for defining the varietal uniqueness in protecting breeder’s rights and assessing germplasm diversity. Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) markers have proven the potential to differentiate and evaluate the genomic patterns of diversity or relatedness in a set of genotypes. The usefulness of mobile devices has increased greatly in recent years in aspects of digital applications. Thus, VISTa app has been developed for identification and searching of wheat varieties with different input options. This is developed using Java and XML as front-end mobile app interface, the back-end processing is developed in PHP for service side computation and MySQL as back-end database to store data and manipulation of data.
Features of VISTa-Wheat for PC
1. The app can identify wheat varieties using different input options.
2. The app can be used to assess the genomic patterns of diversity or relatedness in a set of genotypes.
3. The app was developed using Java and XML as front-end mobile app interface.
4. The back-end processing is developed in PHP for service side computation.
5. The back-end database is MySQL for data storage and manipulation.
6. The app is useful for varietal identification and research.
7. The app is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
8. The app is available for free download.
9. The app is compatible with mobile devices.
10. The app is updated regularly with new features and functionality.
Install “VISTa-Wheat” on PC: Windows 10/8/7 & Mac
If you want to run the VISTa-Wheat on your PC, you’ll need the Memu android emulator. Here is the process of installing both on your PC:
- Download the Memu android emulator on your computer and install it. It will take a few minutes from start to finish.
- While finishing, keep the Open when finished checked and other additional offers unchecked.
- Once installed and opened, you’ll see a familiar interface with familiar apps on the screen, including Play store.
- Click on the Play store and log into your account using your google email and password that you use on your phone.
- You can now search for the VISTa-Wheat app within Play store. It will show you the app on the search results in the first position.
- Click on the app name and then click install to begin the download process on your computer to install VISTa-Wheat.
- It may take a few minutes for the entire process. Once complete, you can now open the app from your desktop or the emulator homepage.
|App Name:||VISTa-Wheat On Your PC|
|Devoloper Name:||Ulavappa Angadi|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Updated on:||Oct 29, 2018|
|Get it On:|
Whats New In this VISTa-Wheat?
VISTa App version 3.0 released 29 Oct 2018
The VISTA-Wheat project has been a success, with more than 1,000 varieties of wheat released to farmers since the project began in 2009. The project has also increased the efficiency of wheat breeding, with new varieties released every two years on average. The project has also been successful in terms of cost-effectiveness, with a return on investment of 2.5 to 1.
So, did you find the guide on how to download the VISTa-Wheat for PC above? If you did, or if you have any questions regarding it, do comment and let us know. We’re here to help.
We refer the ownership of This VISTa-Wheat to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for VISTa-Wheat and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at appy-central, we also don’t use our own server to download the VISTa-Wheat. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the VISTa-Wheat.
If you have any query about the app or about appy-central, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.